(1) A skilled nursing facility is a facility or distinct part of an institution whose primary function is to provide medical, continuous nursing, and other health and social services to patients who are not in an acute phase of illness requiring services in a hospital, but who require primary restorative or skilled nursing services on an inpatient basis above the level of intermediate or custodial care in order to reach a degree of body functioning to permit self care in essential daily living. It meets any licensing or certification standards et forth by the jurisdiction where it is located. A skilled nursing facility may be a freestanding facility or part of a hospital that has been certified by Medicare to admit patients requiring subacute care and rehabilitation; (2) Provides non-acute medical and skilled nursing care services, therapy and social services under the supervision of a licensed registered nurse on a 24-hour basis.
|LBN Legal business name||MOUNT MORIAH HEALTH AND REHABILITATION, LLC|
|Authorized official||MICHAEL WALLACE - (PRESIDENT)|
|Organization subpart 1||No|
|Last updated||03/05/2015 - More than a year ago|
Reviews for MOUNT MORIAH HEALTH AND REHABILITATION, LLC
This is such a beautiful setting and it has such great potential, but the poor management from corporate on down is destroying all of the good things about it.
The poor staffing management is terrible. There are 54 residents now and any given shift with only have a minimal about of nursing staff, maybe no RN's, 1 or 2 LPN's and only 3 CNA's to take care of all the residents. The end result is that the resident's DO NOT get proper supervision or care. And that puts everyone at a higher risk, staff and residents.
This really concerns me as my mother is one of those residents. She has fallen 3 times now with one of those falls completely preventable if someone had been watching her after she had fallen the first time.
The housecleaning department leaves a lot to be desired as well, as her room frequently smells llke urine and the floor will be sticky and dirty.
Lost clothing and other items has been so very costly to me as I am the one that has to replace these things. Her bottom plate came up missing a few months ago and it was never located and the administrator at the time told me that people lose these things all the time and sometimes they will bring him an item and he will put in a drawer or cabinet and forget all about it. I couldn't believe that he told me this.
I have made suggestions on ways to help that matter but none has been implemented.
Most of the time the management staff is missing. They have been without a permanent administrator for several months now. And the woman that was doing the accounting was accused of wrong doings on paychecks.
The only reason my mother is still in this facility is that it is the best one in the immediate area and I don't want her to be far away from me.
• Response time when resident pushes call button 25 plus mins. This seems to be the norm.
• Staff (aids) poorly trained, making bed, helping resident in bathroom (would not wipe residents butt.
• In a 3 day period my dad, wife and I had to search the facility for an aid to assist my mom numerous times
• Staff (aids) talking on cell phone while walking up/down hall
• Staff (aids) smoking in parking lot for 20 mins. 12/14/14
• Facility under staffed, 3 aids on Sat/Sun for 50 residents.
• Staff to busy with paper work to dress wound on moms heal, Monday (12/15) 9:00 PM
• Staff not dressing resident for bed until after 8PM after my dad called the facility for assistance. Staff person scolded mom for call dad about her issue
• On Monday 12/15 I spoke with the facilities administrator and the assistant DON about these issues. The DON Sherian has was not available on Monday (12/15) and not in on Tuesday (12/16) when I called @ 8:45, left a message Kevin for her to call me.
• On 12/19/14 my sister returned my mom to the nursing facility about 4:30 PM after a visit home for the day. When they arrived there was no one to be seen (nurses or aids). There was one person in office (Marketing director) my sister asks about the staff, the person said it was not her responsibility for the staff and did not offer to help. After 15 to 20 mins. And aid appeared and helped my sister get mom to bathroom and to bed. The aid told my sister there were 42 residents on duty at the time, the third aid had not arrived to work yet.
Read our reviews / comments about this provider to help you decide if they are right for you. Share your experience by posting a comment or review about this provider to help others decide which is right for them.
Add your review
By submitting your comment, you agree to the following —
All reviews and comments undergo rigorous screening and must adhere to our strict guidelines of ethics. We do not condone anything that is slanderous, disparaging, derogatory, offensive, prejudicial, insulting or simply rude. We will remove any comments that do not follow or meet these guidelines. NPIdb.org wants to encourage your right to free speech however we must also protect the reputation of the physician in question and make every effort so that no one is harmed by such careless remarks. When leaving a negative comment, please be tactful, objective and, if at all possible, polite. We reserve the right to remove any comment or review for any reason and without notice. Please do not abuse this privilege.
|CASCADE SABINE HEALTH SERVICES, LTD
2000 FM HWY 83 WEST
|HEMPHILL LTC PARTNERS, INC.
HIGHWAY 83 WEST
|ADVANTAGE PLUS HOMECARE INC
853 NORTH ZAVALLA ST.
|THE WOODLANDS HEALTHCARE CENTER, L.L.C.
8422 KURTHWOOD ROAD
|CLINT L. HINES, INC
405 SHADY ACRES LN
|ABERNATHY PHYSICAL THERAPY INC
207 MAIN ST
|HARNOOR SINGH, MD
3080 COLLEGE ST TX
|KING PINSON PHARMACY
920 AVENUE D
219 S 1ST ST